The COVID crisis has highlighted how prone a highly-interdependent world economy is to disruptions. Production sites closing in one part of the world, coupled with interruptions to global trade, has immediate and deep impact on the availability of critical goods and services in regions thousands of miles away. The breadth and depth of the evolving crises quickly prompted a political debate about which actions should be taken to ensure greater resilience and better protection of national economies (or economic blocs).
As talk of technology sovereignty rises in Europe, the path of choice, it seems, is to encourage near-shoring of production and developing regional technology capabilities where these are lacking today. In the EU, part of this discussion concerns technology in the digital sector where US and Asian/Chinese technology providers dominate. Still, Europe cannot set global standards in technology policymaking on its own. How to keep science borders open, prioritise technology reliability and enhance regulatory cooperation with trustworthy international partners? this Science|Business virtual conference will bring together national ministers, EU officials, industry executives and researchers to measure the impact that these ‘Europe first’ policies may have on companies headquartered in Europe and multinationals with operations in Europe.
Throughout a series of online high-level public dialogues and sector-specific workshops sessions, the conference will produce transversal and sector-specific recommendations to be addressed live to key policy makers.
Plenary sessions will be accessible free of charge.
By purchasing at ticket, participant will access the dedicated B2B platform, with the following features:
- Set-up of an individual participant profile;
- View the plenary session on the platform
- Participate to one closed-door workshop session of your choice for an interactive discussion with max. 30 participants leading to policy recommendations;
- Ability to schedule bilateral, private meetings with other conference attendees;
- Ability to chat online with other conference attendees;
- Turn-key service: personalised conference agenda, meeting suggestions (using the platform’s smart networking tools) and technical support accessible at any time;
*Please note that upon registration to the B2B platform, your data will be stored to provide the best and most tailored experience possible.
For more information click here.