Portugal holds the Chairmanship of the EUREKA Network (1 July 2021 – 30 June 2022)!
EUREKA: the world’s biggest public network for international cooperation in R&D and innovation, present in over 45 countries:
- EUREKA is an intergovernmental network established in 1985 (Portugal was a founding member);
- Comprises 49 countries, also including the European Commission and 6 partner/associated countries (Argentina, Canada, Chile, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea);
- Promotes and supports bottom-up, market-oriented international R&DI projects
- Facilitates access to finance, to new markets and incorporation in global value-chains
- Open to start-ups, SMEs, large companies, research institutions and universities
- Flexible, bottom-up, global outreach, mobilising public funding from over 45 countries.
Click here or scroll down to access the open calls!
THE PORTUGUESE CHAIRMANSHIP
1st July 2021 – 30th June 2022
The Portuguese Chairmanship of the Eureka network in 2021 follows to the Presidency of the Council of the European Union (January-June 2021) and coincides with the Portuguese co-presidency of the Council of the European Space Agency (ESA), also during the year 2021.
Both events will lead to unique synergies for promoting new programmes and activities within the Eureka Network under the Portuguese Chairmanship motto:
“Innovation for a Greener, Digital and Healthier Planet through a collaborative approach”.
The Portuguese Chairmanship wishes to contribute to the success of EUREKA by building up on the work done by the Austrian Chairmanship while following the strategic priorities of the recently approved Eureka Strategic Roadmap for 2021-27.
Access the website of the Portuguese Chairmanship and be informed of upcoming events!
Watch the Introduction video to the new Portuguese Chairmanship of the EUREKA Network!
The aim of the Eureka Network is to enhance growth and competitiveness within the European industry, through the funding of international cooperation programmes on industrial R&DI, that support the development of new products, processes or innovative services, based on advanced technologies with global market potential.
The Eureka programmes are open to start-ups, SMEs, large corporations, research institutions and universities.
They are based on a bottom-up philosophy, in which entities have freedom and flexibility to:
- choose the technological focus of their R&D project.
- create their ideal consortia with partners from the various Eureka countries (as well as third-party countries such as South Africa, Argentina, Canada, Chile, South Korea and Singapore).
- select the EUREKA instrument that best fits their needs:
Since 1985, the Eureka Network has been supporting R&D and the commercialization of thousands of innovative products, processes and services that positively impact societies around the world.
The funding of Eureka projects is decentralised by country.
In Portugal, the national participation in EUREKA projects has been funded through Portugal 2020 calls for Projects on Industrial R&D on a European Scale.
Eureka / Eurostars Calls (open(ed) / planned):
- EUROGIA Call (Low carbon technologies): July 13th – September 30th 2021
- ITEA 4 (Software Innovation): September 17th – November 16th 2021
- CELTIC NEXT ( Telecomunications and ICT ) : September 23rd – November 22nd 2021
- XECS (Electronic components and systems): September 28th 2021 – February 25th 2022
Eureka Network Projects:
- Call for Green Hydrogen Projects: July 30th – November 5th 2021
- Eurostars new call! – next cut-off on November 4th 2021
Learn more about how Eureka might support your organization:
Contact the Portuguese EUREKA office at ANI – Agência Nacional de Inovação and get advice on EUREKA programs, open calls and corresponding funding opportunities.
ANI – Agência Nacional de Inovação, S.A.
Rita Silva (Portuguese NPC)
email@example.com | P: +351214232100 | Mobile: +351939339003