The LEAP-RE Consortium announces the launch of the 1st Call for AU-EU Collaborative Research and Innovation projects on Renewable Energies. Particular attention will be given to strengthening the impact of R&I supported activities for the well-being of society in Europe and in Africa.
- Mapping joint research and innovation actions for next-step development of renewable energy systems (RES) and integration of RES in sustainable energy scenarios;
- End‐of‐life and second‐life management and environmental impact of renewable energy components;
- Smart stand‐alone systems;
- Smart grid (different scales) for off grid application;
- Processes and appliances for productive uses (agriculture and industry), and;
- Innovative solutions for priority domestic uses (clean cooking and cold chain).
Projects will be funded by the European and African funding agencies and cofunded by the EC to the participants from Africa without funding organisations participating in the call. The total indicative call budget is € 11,2 million provided by 16 funding organisations from Europe and Africa +€ 6 million from the EC contribution.
Deadline for pre-proposals submission: 1st April 2021, 17:00 CET.
For more information please see: