European Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Authority (HERA)
The European Commission placed on public consultation, until February 24, the roadmap of the new European agency HERA – Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Authority. Participate here, your opinion is always important.
Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan: A new EU approach to prevention, treatment and care
DG SANTE launched on February 3rd the Beating Cancer Plan. It is a European initiative in the area of prevention, treatments and healthcare. Its design is done jointly with the Cancer Mission, promoted by DG RTD.
International Interdisciplinary Network on Smart Healthy Age-friendly Environments
The Cost Action NET4Age-Friendly – International Interdisciplinary Network on Smart Healthy Age-friendly Environments website is already active. The main objective of this network is to promote awareness, and to support the creation and implementation of healthy and intelligent internal and external environments for present and future generations.
Commission launches debate on responding to the impact of an ageing population
The European Commission presented a green paper to launch a broad policy debate on the challenges and opportunities of Europe’s ageing society. It sets out the impact of this pronounced demographic trend across our economy and society and invites the public to express their views on how to respond to this in a public consultation, which will run for 12 weeks.
The AAL Forum will take place in Trieste between 10 and 12 May 2021
The AAL Forum is one of the largest events in the healthy ageing community where you can really help grow a more inclusive silver economy, for everyone. The Forum hosts a vibrant exhibition of technology designed to improve quality of life for older adults many workshops, speeches and discussions about a wide range of topics relevant and important to those working in the health, care and ageing domain.
- The NEURON Joint Transnational Competition NEURON_JTC2021 was launched, which aims to facilitate multinational and collaborative research projects that address issues related to neurodevelopmental diseases. The deadline for submitting the pre-proposal is March 9, 2021, 14:00 CET.
- The Joint Transnational 2021 “Linking pre-diagnosis disturbances of physiological systems to neurodegenerative diseases” contest of the EU Joint Program – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) is now open. Applications until March 2, 2021.
- The Active Ageing Living 2021 Contest is open until May 21, 2021 (AAL Call 2021. AAL Call 2021: ADVANCING INCLUSIVE HEALTH & CARE SOLUTIONS FOR AGEING WELL IN THE NEW DECADE, continues to finance projects with an emphasis on the application of solutions ICT in the concepts of “positive health” and “healthy aging”, in the 8 areas of AAL application.
- EIT Health Catapult “fast-tracking Europe’s best start-ups”: EIT-Health launched a unique competition to contribute to the dissemination and training of start-ups in the areas of biotechnology, medical technology and digital health close to leading experts and investors across Europe Applications until 16 March 2021. More information on the link.
- The annual Wild Card contest – EITHealth – is open to all innovators. Wild Card gives access to training and mentorship, as well as the opportunity to create a venture of up to 1.5 million Euros of investment (grant-for-option). Applications until March 16, 2021, more information on the link.
- InnoStars Awards – Call for Applicants 2021: Competitive program aimed at InnoStars countries, it aims to support start-ups in the validation of their innovations in the health area, attract investors and reduce the time to implement their ideas on the ground. Applications until March 21, 2021, more information on the link.